Retail Space Management is the planning and optimization of the sales area of shelves. Starting from an empty shelf, products are selected and positioned on the shelf. The populated shelf is documented and analysed, resulting in a graphical planogram with parts lists. XPace provides all functions and interfaces to organize the planning, evaluation and optimization of sales areas in the market.
- 1 Planogramming
- 2 Input and Output
- 3 System Integration
- 4 Expansion Modules
XPace uses product data from existing data sources and supports assortment planning. XPace manages the planogramming projects and enables the creation of new planograms and the modification of existing planograms.
XPace assembles hanging plans from the provided fixtures and products and supports automated and manual procedures.
XPace contains evaluation procedures for the analysis and optimization of shelf planning, it supports modifications, discontinuations and restructurings and compares planogram versions.
XPace documents shelf planning in graphical and tabular form and exports the planning data to subsequent processes. XPace supports data exchange with partners and makes the success indicators transparent.
XPace provides all functions for the construction of shelves and equipment, for display, evaluation and conversion and for controlling.
Racks, Fixtures and Displays
To create a realistic, virtual rack, it is assembled as a planogram, using fixtures (standard components and individual displays and holders).
- Standard library with all required parts and fixtures for racks, gondolas, heavy duty racks and pallets
- Ambient elements for floor and shop
- Generation of own components, fixels, displays and holders
- Behavioral attributes for the interaction of fixels (anchors, grids) and the positioning of products
- 3D geometries of all parts
- Parts lists and compositions
- Colors freely definable and assignable, incl. RAL colors of the RAL Classic palette; own color palettes
Product master data and dimensions are imported to create virtual shelf loading.
- Complete product data model
- Product variants
- Customer-specific price lists
- Industry-specific information
- Any number of language variants per product
- Product shapes: simple shapes and complex 3D models
- Any number of images per product
For creation of standard and customized POS modules, shelf planning merges the fixtures and products into a rack.
- Assortment planning and queries, filters
- Manual and data-controlled article selection
- Shopping baskets, loadable assortment lists
- Assignment of products or product groups to fixtures
- Hanging, standing, stacked and loosely piled positioning incl. nesting
- Automatic product arrangement, automatic filling, alignment and distribution
- Manual editing of all positions, rotations, colors and sizes
- Boundary conditions of products: Minimum gap between handles, stackability, target figures, packaging units
- Barcode scanning for actual rack recording
- Merging racks using modules
- Modification, versioning and comparison
To document shelf planning for internal and external users, high-quality graphical representation formats are generated for display.
- Labelling: freely definable for each object, access to all data fields, field calculations with formulas, appearance and output location definable at object level
- Images: assignable for all product faces, even for complex product shapes, transparency, reusable images for several products, individual assignability for displays
- Position numbers: automatically generated or individually/manually assigned
- Dimensioning, grouping
- 2D and 3D planogram graphics
Evaluation and Analysis
Key performance indicators (KPI) and analysis tools are applied to the shelf plan to make the planning results transparent and valid.
- Scoring, identifying several key figure models, high performers vs. low performers
- Thematic analyses and color highlighting
- What-If analyses, planogram variants, versions and comparisons
- Share performance metrics and prices from Excel
- Key figures, analyses and validations can be individually extended
Optimization and Conversion
Shelf planning should be updated on a regular basis for changing boundary conditions and customer expectations. XPace supports shelf conversions in terms of both content and organization.
- Global search and full text search in active and archived planograms
- Automatic discontinuation and replacement based on exchange lists
- Cluster analysis according to selectable criteria
- Conversion planning, reduction and extension of racks, load mirroring
- Conversion reports and setup instructions
XPace uses time series comparisons and scoring models to monitor the success of the developed planograms.
- Evaluation and comparison of planogram versions
- Multiple scoring models
- Automatic or manual validation
- Release control for planograms
- Stable history of completed planogram projects
Input and Output
XPace exchanges input and output data using existing data sources. Product data, images and 3D models are transferred from database systems. Reports, tables, graphics and control files are transferred to other systems.
All relevant data formats and interfaces are supported by XPace.
- Data transfer from Excel, CSV, XML, ODBC and JDBC data sources, OData
- Data connection to web services
- Images, pictures, textures in JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF and TIFF formats
- 3D formats OBJ, WRL, X3D and Collada
- Graphical output formats JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF, TIFF
- Report formats PDF, Excel, HTML, XML
- Optional connection to ERP systems incl. SAP, PIM systems, iDocs
- Edifact exchange using PRODAT, PRICAT, ORDERS, BMECat
Output and Results
Planning results are generated and distributed as graphics and reports for all participants.
- Report layouts for PDF, Excel and HTML formats
- Export to Excel, CSV, XML
- Graphic export to standard formats
- Provision of planograms: by mail, on a web server
Implementation of a digitization strategies with internal and external participants and partners require integrative interfaces, data formats and processes.
- Configurable integrators for connection to ERP systems
- Triggering of post-processes
- Export and data transfer in standard formats and exchange formats
- Support of Business Intelligence (BI) systems such as Eclipse BIRT, Cognos ReportNet (IBM) and Business Objects (SAP)
- Extensible with own functionalities, implementation of own apps and macros
On operating service level, XPace supports all common standards. The documentation supports installation and use of the software.
XPace supports all common operating system functions for efficient work in developing and optimizing shelf plans. Data can be exchanged via the clipboard. Processing can be undone in several steps. Multiple planograms and shelf versions can be opened and edited simultaneously.
- Data exchange via clipboard in all editors and subsystems
- Undo and redo function for 100 steps or more
- Simultaneous processing of multiple planograms
- Automatic data storage and backups
XPace supports flexible licensing models, both for individual workstations (stationary or mobile) and server-based floating licenses.
- Local Licenses
- Concurrent Licenses
XPace runs on Windows as well as on MacOS systems. OpenGL 2 is used as the graphics system. Optional, additional hardware can open up extended application possibilities.
- Java JRE 1.6 or newer
- Windows 32/64 Bit Windows 7 or newer
- MacOS 10.6 Snow Leopard or newer
- OpenGL 2.0 graphics system
- GUI languages; english, german; other languages on demand
- Support of optional additional hardware: barcode scanner, 3D mice
Documents, manuals and help functions for professional software use.
- Manuals and training materials
- Technical documentation of data models and interfaces
- Help functions and tutorials
- Standard templates for data entry and reports
Feature comparison list: Detailed overview
Additional, optional modules extend the functionality of the software as required.
Design of custom fixtures and displays, 3D model integration, definition of behaviours for product arrangement and assembly, parts lists and components
Quick definition of standard scenarios: Wall shelf, middle room gondola, pallet and lattice box, wooden shelf, heavy duty shelf
Queries on data sources, XQL/XQuery queries with conditions and sorting, limitation of the result set, creation of differentiated shopping baskets and assortments, data-based restructuring of planograms
Setup of kiosk systems and information terminals, providing interactive POS interfaces for touch control, customer guidance, control of ordering and logistics systems (more…)
Operation of search and guidance systems for finding articles in stores and for searching the environment (more…)
Automation of planogramming processes, control of complete assembly from an Excel assembly proposal, multi-report macros, automatic shelf conversion with assortment and balance lists and based on rules (more…)
Control of internal company processes, data transfer and data export for merchandise management and ERP systems, follow-up processes, operation of order interfaces
PDF forms for decentralized data acquisition with automatic data processing in XPace, new product creation, support of PDF forms also on mobile platforms
Planogram metadata management and release procedures
Management of component instances with lifecycle management, origin, whereabouts, repairs, costs and accident prevention audits
Consideration of the elastic deflection of fixtures and the additional space required due to weight loading
Multi-client capability, management of separate data sources
Sales simulation over time, analysis and animation of shelf stocks as a forecast for the delivery period
Fast and direct access to important transactional functions and interfaces
Integrated semantic product data management on the XPace Enterprise Server