For which business models and application profiles is XPace particularly suitable? Which questions are focused by XPace?
Target Groups and Business Models
Space Management with XPace is used by different user groups for their respective business models. Each group pursues its own application scenarios and argumentation goals with its business model and operates a specific type of data communication.[tabs] [tab title=”Manufacturers” disabled=”no” anchor=”” url=”” target=”blank” class=””]
Manufacturers develop shelf planning for their products and ranges for internal documentation, as guidelines for furnishers and for listing discussions with trade partners.
XPace planograms support the argumentation to the trade and save costs for sample constructions.
- manage their own product database
- manage their own fixtures and displays
- plan shelves for their assortments, for the market or as standard modules
- communicate their assembly proposals to rack jobbers and trade partners
Retailers document the setup of their stores with XPace planograms and floor planning.
The manufacturer’s product master data and planograms are enriched with scanner data and sales figures and used in POS controlling.
Retail companies[list icon=”icon: arrow-circle-o-right” icon_color=”#61a05b”]
- organise the exchange of product data with their suppliers
- collect assembly proposals from suppliers
- plan shops and branches
- communicate furnishing specifications to suppliers, furnishers and branches
Franchisers and purchasing centres operate space management as a service for their partners.
XPace planograms provide clear furnishing guidelines for the partners and ensure a uniform brand appearance.
Franchisers[list icon=”icon: arrow-circle-o-right” icon_color=”#61a05b”]
- manage their own product database and product range extensions of their partners
- organize product data exchange with suppliers
- plan shops and branches as a service for franchise partners
- communicate furnishing specifications to suppliers and partners
Agencies develop planograms as a service for clients and as a core element of their service.
XPace planograms, lists and reports document the consulting services provided and can be implemented by the client immediately at the POS and in logistics.
Agencies[list icon=”icon: arrow-circle-o-right” icon_color=”#61a05b”]
- manage a separate product database for each client
- manage the fixtures of the clients
- plan client-specific shelves
- communicate assembly proposals to clients, installers and trade partners
Application Profiles and Industry Solutions
Space Management with XPace is successfully applied for the purposes of certain industries. Tailored industry solutions define the suitable product data models and presentation forms.[tabs] [tab title=”Functional” disabled=”no” anchor=”” url=”” target=”blank” class=””]
Spacemanagement with XPace is especially applied in retail marketing
- in the non-food and DIY sectors, as XPace has been specially developed for these requirements; household goods, hand and electric tools including accessories, room equipment and floor coverings require special placement functions and presentation forms
- in the media sector (bookshops, CDs, DVDs, games), since XPace can implement special placement sequences, fillings, rules and restrictions
- in the fields of photography, technology and computers, as special filling rules and attractive presentation forms come together here
- in the fields of cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, organic and nature, since XPace meets the special requirements for extended data models and reports
Its communication interfaces make XPace particularly suitable for constellations of the type
- Headquarters / Field Service
- Headquarters / National Companies / Commercial Agencies
- Headquarters / Branches
- Headquarters / Franchise Partners
- Manufacturer / Service Provider
- Manufacturer / Trade
- Retail / Consumer
The XPace space management strategy has the following objectives:
- Computer-aided shelf allocation planning: Digital shelf planning is created on the basis of current product data, the dimensions and positioning rules of the products, which can be easily changed and maintained. Shelf documentation and furnishing plans are generated from the shelf planning.
- Automated shelf planning: Based on extended product data, rules and semantically categorizing information, fast and standardized shelf management is generated. Alternative scenarios can be developed and compared.
- Shelf evaluation: On the basis of extended product data with prices and sales figures, a cost and benefit transparency of the sales areas is produced. Sound evaluations are an argumentation aid in listing discussions.
- Inventory optimization: Based on extended product data with sales figures and inventory targets, inventory optimization serves both to prevent short sales and to avoid overstocking, together with success control in the sense of inventory management.
- Space management: Product data with prices, sales figures and turnover enable an optimization of shelf loading with regard to productivity and profitability, together with a success control in terms of sales and earnings.
- Conversion instructions for stores: Period-based shelf plan versions document all changes, listings and delistings and introduce comparability and success control over several time periods.